The Air Classifier Mill System combines impact grinding and particle size classification in a single continuous process (occurring inside the mill) rather than in a separate downstream process. Independent drives for the classifier wheel and impact rotor allow the operator to adjust each component’s rotational speed independently. Drag and tip speed control the product’s sizing. The efficiency of air classifier mills allows the grinding and classification to occur inside the mill, rather than in a separate downstream process. CMS Air Swept Classifier Mills are available from 1 HP (horsepower) to 600 HP.
The grinding zone configuration positions Impact Hammers mounted at the periphery of the Rotor Plate (below the Classifier Wheel). A ring-shaped Reversible Liner (smooth or multiple-deflector liner) surrounds the Rotor Plate and Hammers. A Deflector assembly (shroud/baffle), located above the Impact Rotor between the Liner and Classifier Wheel, constitutes the grinding zone. The space between the Classifier Wheel and Deflector assembly forms the classification zone.
Air is drawn into the grinding chamber via the air inlet feed, flowing upward from below the Rotor Plate (disc), and dispersing the material through the grinding zone. There, the rotating Impact Hammers impact the feed material and deflect particles into the mill’s Liner, which is configured in a way to slow the circumferential speed of the particles. The Liner deflects the particles back to the hammers, adding impact force. Size reduced particles flow to the Deflector Assembly, which diverts the particles into the classification zone. Fine particles pass through the classifier wheel vanes, (flowing to the product-and-air outlet), while coarse particles return to the grinding area for further reduction.
Separate drives for the classifier wheel and impact rotor allow you to adjust each component’s rotational speed independently. Drag and tip speed control the product’s sizing.
Benefits of Air Swept Classifier Mills
One of the most valuable benefits this impact grinding air classification mill offers is its reliability over time. Our grinding systems are custom designed for your product, delivering superior quality products at peak operational efficiency. Other benefits include:
- Produce excellent product quality
- Add significant production capacity
- Lower production costs (lower unit cost of finished products)
- Easily adjust particle size without system shutdown
- Consistent particle size fineness down to 5 micron
- Energy-efficient and easy to maintain and operate
- Low grinding temperatures, tighter distributions, and high-volume thru-put
With solid steel construction, both chamber and working parts are long-lasting. Internal components are available in stainless steel, Abrasive Resistant Materials, and Ceramic. For added safety, all mills above 5HP include a hydraulic lid lifts.
Air Classifier Mill System Package:
The Classifier Milling Systems package for our air classifier grinding system features:
- Air Swept Classifier Mill – combination grinding mill and classifying system
- High-Efficiency Cyclone or Cyclone Classifier – separates fine and coarse particles
- Industrial Fan Set – helps maintain optimal operating environment for milling systems
- Operator Control Panel – advanced control of each of the milling system components
- Rotary Airlocks or Double-Dump valves
- Dust Collector – help meet or exceed the strictest industrial and environmental air quality standards, producing efficiencies up to 99.9%
Air Classifier Mill Systems From CMS
At Classifier Milling Systems, our air swept classifier mill system facilitates streamlined processing applications for our customers. The system is durable, reliable, and affordable, making it suitable for use in a diverse set of industrial applications. To learn more about our proprietary technology, contact us today. For assistance choosing and installing a milling system in your facility, request a quote.