The CMS Air Swept Classifier Mill System combines dynamic-impact grinding and particle size classification in a single continuous process. Independent drives for the Impact Rotor and Classifier Wheel allow the system operator to independently adjust their rotational speeds, thereby optimizing drag and tip speed control in producing the desired particle size distribution. CMS Air Swept Classifier Mills are available from 1 HP (horsepower) to 600 HP.
Grinding & Classifying
Grinding and Classifying are essential size reduction processes. The CMS Air Classifier Mill Grinding Zone configuration positions Impact Hammers mounted at the periphery of the Rotor Plate (below the Classifier Wheel), a reversible Multiple Deflector Liner enclosing the Rotor Plate, Hammers and a Deflector Assembly (shroud/baffle style) located above the Impact Rotor. The space between the Classifier Wheel and Deflector Assembly forms the Classification Zone.
How it Works
Air drawn into the mill via the Air Inlet entrains the feed material into an upward flow from below the Rotor Plate, dispersing the feed material to the Grinding Zone, where rotating Impact Hammers deliver high-speed impact, shattering and deflecting particles to the Liner and back to the Hammers. Size reduced particles flow to the Deflector Assembly, which then diverts material to the Classification Zone. Fine particles below the selected cut point will pass through the vanes of the Classifier Wheel to the product-and-air outlet, while coarse particles above the cut point will return to the Grinding Zone for further reduction.
Benefits of Air Swept Classifier Mills
First and foremost, reliability. Our air classifier mills are rugged, high-performance machines that will deliver superior final products at peak operational efficiency. Other benefits include:
- Durability. Long life.
- High-volume throughput on a single mill pass (lower unit cost of products)
- Consistent (repeatable) particle size fineness down to 5 µm on steep distribution curves
- Unrivaled energy efficiency
- Easy to maintain, clean, and operate
- Versatility over a wide range of materials <4 Mohs
- Embedded proprietary technologies (adding unmatched performance)
With solid steel construction, the grinding/classification chambers are rugged and long-lasting. Internal components and wear parts are available in Stainless Steel, Abrasive-Resistant materials, Hardened Refractory metals, and Ceramic. For added safety, all mills above 5HP include a lid lift.
Air Swept Classifier Mill System Package:
- Air Swept Classifier Mill up to 600 horsepower
- High-Efficiency Cyclone or Cyclone Classifier
- Dust Collector: 99.9% Dust-free
- Industrial Fan Set
- Control Panel
- Rotary Airlocks or double-dump valves
- Embedded proprietary technologies
Model 300HP: Typical Air Swept Classifier Mill System
ITEM 1: CMS Model 300
ITEM 2: CMS Feed inlet with Rotary Valve pneumatic feed mill
ITEM 3: CMS Model 300 Classifier Mill Series (“CMS Model 300”)/co-axial unit
- Electrical environment: Non-hazardous
- Carbon steel grinding chamber/housing construction.
- Carbon steel on all material contact surfaces.
- Wear-resistant, reversible, multiple-deflector liners. Carbon Steel.
- Rotor motor: belt drive arrangement.
- Classifier motor: belt drive arrangement.
- Vertical D-Flange, TEFC Rotor motor
ITEM 4: Ducting from Mill to Cyclone
ITEM 5: CMS Filter Receiver.
ITEM 6: High-Efficiency Cyclone
ITEM 7: Ducting (Cyclone to Dust Collector)
ITEM 8: Rotary Airlock or Double-Dump valve for Cyclone and Filter Receiver Discharge
ITEM 9: Instrument Package (Temperature Gauges Magnehelic Gauges, Gaskets Hardware)
ITEM 11: Fan & Silencer.
ITEM 12: Ducting package (Dust Collector to Fan).
ITEM 13: Control Panel, control of the grinding system components only. Ethernet for remote system management
Air Classifier Mill Systems From CMS
At Classifier Milling Systems, our air swept classifier mill system facilitates streamlined processing applications for our customers. The system is durable, reliable, and affordable, making it suitable for use in a diverse set of industrial applications. To learn more about our proprietary technology, contact us today. For assistance choosing and installing a milling system in your facility, request a quote.