Serving the Mineral Industry
A wealth of technical knowledge, years of experience and numerous innovative solutions provided to the minerals sector (upstream and downstream) make CMS a proven supplier of particle size-reduction milling systems. CMS offers advantages such as:
- Performance guarantees
- Product consistency (narrow repeatable particle size distribution curves)
- High volume throughputs
- Systems durability
- Contract Processing (Tolling)
Classifier Milling Systems: Industrial Minerals
CMS designs, engineers, manufactures and services a complete line of size-reduction grinding mill systems outfitted for the production of industrial minerals. Also, our CMS Marietta Division has the infrastructure for managing your outsourced production needs (whether seasonal or peak swings, one-offs, or mid and long-term) from our Ohio River-based contract materials (tolling) operations. This base of activities, from crushing/screening to ultra-fine grinding, is complete with transportation and warehousing logistics capable of managing high-volume production of most industrial minerals.
At Classifier Milling Systems we have nearly 30 years of experience providing milling systems and solutions to upstream mine operators and downstream minerals and metals industries. Additionally, CMS has developed innovative waste-metal recovery technologies (initially designed to recover waste fractions for a prominent zinc miner). Recovering waste-minerals from mine operations is a value add as it will lower the miner’s unit costs of production.
In addition to our milling systems and technologies for industrial minerals processing, CMS can provide several finishing and secondary services, such as:
- Comprehensive laboratory testing (materials formulations)
- Toll grinding – White Label, Outsourcing (swing, one-off and long-term production)
- Logistics, Warehousing, Packaging
Design, Engineer, Install & Service
Classifier Milling Systems has engineered, installed, and services milling systems and process technologies within the industrial minerals industry, from upstream mines through midstream and downstream minerals product formulators and producers. We are particle size-reduction specialists with a very long list of accomplishments.
Our mills and complete processing systems are typically seen to be critical midstream production infrastructure for numerous industrial minerals operations, such as the following mentioned representative industry sectors:
- Industrial Carbons
- Powder Coatings
- Environmental Materials
CMS Milling systems span a range of up to 600 horsepower, which meets most materials throughput demands typical of midstream industrial minerals production.
What Sets CMS Apart?
At Classifier Milling Systems, we provide practical solutions on a timely basis and we do it cost-effectively. For example:
- We offer unbeatable performance when it comes to production throughput achieving narrow particle size distribution curves (to 10 μm or less).
- Our systems are rugged, built for durability, therefore have long commercial lives.
- Industry users of CMS Mills have significantly reduced unit costs of their end-products.
- We are conveniently located near major airports and highways and can dispatch response teams on short notice.
- We carry substantial inventories for mill components, assemblies, and wear parts.
- We offer customized manufacturing by design engineering specialists.
- CMS provides performance guarantees!
CMS has operated as a design engineer and manufacturer of size-reduction milling systems, technologies, and materials handling solutions for nearly thirty years. CMS customers include market leaders in diverse industries globally (including Fortune 500 companies) in sectors such as industrial chemicals, powder coatings, minerals/metals, industrial materials, pharma, agricultural and food products, environmental materials, and air quality control solutions, among others.